Wisdom Teeth Removal
Between the ages of 16-30, you are susceptible to having your wisdom teeth coming in and causing crowding or pain in the back of your mouth. If this happens, they will need to be extracted by a capable dentist who has the expertise to perform the procedure with perfection. Not only should the procedure be performed with perfection, but it should also be done in a comfortable atmosphere to ensure that you are relaxed for your procedure. At the Rochester Hills, MI dentists office of Hubbard & Leath Dental, we guarantee that our staff will help to make your wisdom teeth removal procedure smooth and easy!
How Your Wisdom Teeth Will Be Extracted
When you come in for your wisdom teeth extraction at our Rochester Hills, MI dentists office, you will go into a comfortable room where the extraction will take place. We guarantee that you will feel no pain during the procedure because we will provide you with local anesthesia before the procedure.
When you are comfortable, we will carefully extract your wisdom teeth. Our trusted Rochester Hills, MI dentists Dr. Hubbard & Leath will then remove the gums surrounding each wisdom tooth to make for easy tooth removal. After we’ve removed your teeth, we’ll put in stitches. When the procedure is over and you are recovered from the anesthesia, you will be required to follow precautions at home to ensure that your recovery goes smoothly.
Recovering From Your Wisdom Teeth Extraction
In the majority of cases, recovering from your wisdom teeth extraction procedure will only take a few days with the help of the prescription given to you to relieve the pain. There will probably be some swelling in the areas where the extraction took place, but it is completely normal. There are some other steps that you must take to be sure you make your way toward a speedy recovery:
- Stop any bleeding that may occur after the procedure by gently biting down on a gauze pad.
- When you lie down, don’t lie flat because this may prolong any bleeding that may occur. When you lie down, be sure to prop up your head with a pillow to stop the bleeding.
- Don’t partake in any physical activity too soon after the procedure.
- Eat soft foods for the first few days because eating solid foods may aggravate the area of extraction.
- Shortly after your procedure, gently rinse your mouth with salt water to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
- Don’t touch the area of extraction to avoid aggravation of the stitches.
- Don’t smoke or use a straw for at least 24 hours after extraction. The sucking motion that is involved in both of those actions will irritate the extraction area.
- Use an ice pack on the side of your cheek to reduce swelling and pain.
- Don’t forget to continue brushing your teeth, but avoid the area where the teeth were extracted until fully recovered.
Both Dr. Hubbard and Dr. Leath are highly skilled in all phases of general dentistry, including cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry, and active members dental societies like the American Dental Association, the Michigan Dental Society, and the Oakland County District Dental Society.
For questions about wisdom teeth removal or recovery at our Rochester Hills, MI office, contact Hubbard & Leath Dental by calling 248.266.2528 or use our handy online form. We care about your family’s smiles!